By listening to the latest news stories you can improve your listening skills and advance your vocabulary at the same time.
Today, I am going to teach you the meaning of the vocabulary used in a recent news story about monkey clones! This story covers science, health and technology. You are going to learn 22 new words and phrases that will help to push your language because they are at an upper-intermediate/advanced level of English.
By learning vocabulary from news stories, you will:
- fully understand the meaning of advanced language
- learn new phrasal verbs and idioms
- improve your ability to paraphrase successfully
- benefit from learning words in context
- develop your own language to communicate more effectively
- improve your understanding of real issues happening today
You should have your vocabulary notebook ready & also complete the task that I give you at the end of the lesson.
Subscribe to our activities newsletter for updates related to teaching – http://hippoedtech.com/subscribe-to-activities/